Monday 5 March 2012

PLN assignment


1)      PLN is a personal learning network. It is designed for the sharing of knowledge through people and creating connections. Examples of personal learning networks are Twitter, Facebook, and Blogger.

2)      The following are three possible elements for a good PLN:

a.       Updating your site regularly to ensure key information and knowledge is being spread. Ensuring other people are visiting your site frequently and learning new knowledge is necessary for a PLN to be successful.

b.      Making sure your PLN is easily accessible and not confusing for the people that in your network. As well, having an eye-catching design could attract more people, but make sure to not over do the design of your PLN by making it look chaotic.

c.       Try to avoid stating personal opinions that are not relevant to what your PLN is focused on because conflict from other people could arise.

3)      In post-secondary I will have an edge on my fellow classmates because I have been able to explore and attain information from countless networks, which has expanded my range of knowledge.  As well, I am familiar with many networks that I was not before and that will benefit me greatly in post-secondary with assignments and tutorials where I am required to have secondary data from outside sources.  

4)      I believe in today’s society the use of the internet has become a necessity, therefore I believe in the future employers will most definitely be intrigued by an applicant having an online portfolio. It shows you are able to use the internet successfully, creatively and proficiently while still maintaining appropriate work ethic.

5)      I believe my current online footprint is in no way employer friendly. This is because I do not watch the choice of words I use over the internet or the photos that I upload.  I do however make sure all of my PLN’s have proper security and are private. In the future however I can improve my online footprint by being more responsible with what I publish and ensuring that nothing I do publish could harm my job.

2 comments:

  1. Cool ... now, where are the Shakespeare posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting my new computer tomorrow! So once I have it setup I'll begin everything I've fallen behind on since my computer I have now is broken!

    ReplyDelete