Wednesday 21 March 2012

10 Tech Skills Every Student Should Have




I believe out of the ten important skills students need, I have basic knowledge on all of them, however have much more to learn. Before I took this class I knew how to do a simple internet search but now I know how to do a better one. Reading the link; “how to use google”, I was taught how to do a semi-advanced search which would help me find more accurate results. Therefore, I believe I am knowledgable about internet searches. However, I am not that good with office suite skills. I know how to use word and powerpoint well but not excel and other business programs. That is something I want to improve on. 
     
     The self-help and where to go for help I think I am knowledgable on but I’m sure I have much more to learn. I use my help menu on my computer countless times but some instructions do confuse me. Therefore that is something I would like to improve on. Typing is an aspect I can fully say I am good at. In elementary school and younger grades in high school we learned about typing and that has benefited me greatly now. Social media sites are something I believe I am knowledgable on however I do not use them to their full potential.
     
      As well I want to know more about privacy settings and ensuring my security. Netiquette is also something I believe I am decent at and making sure I keep certain things private. Security and safety are something I need to learn much more about as well as hardware basics and troubleshooting. The technical aspects of technology is something I need to learn a lot more about. Also, back-up data is something I want to learn more about since I just recently had a technical problem in which I didn’t back-up anything. On my phone and computer now I have a lot of apps but I’m sure there is much more useful and informative apps that I do not know about. Therefore I have a lot more to learn about the tech skills every student should have. 



1 comment:

  1. I think your an expert on internet safety with great netiquette. This blog has a very appealing layout, color palette, title, subtitles, multimedia, and graphics. You are already an accomplished web designer and leader on the internet. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete