Wednesday 11 April 2012

iTunesU Post Four

   


      Universities and colleges are exploring this route of teaching because it is both beneficial to the students and teachers. Teachers are able to post their lessons online and have not only their students but people from across the world watch them. This could lead to future possibilities for the teachers if someone higher up enjoys their teaching method. As well, teachers are able to ensure that students should be caught up with the course since everything they need is online, and there should be no excuses. Money wise, this option decreases the need for textbooks and other 'old school' objects. As long as students have a computer and internet connection, they're good.  This would also help the amount of applicants that apply to the school because they can see if they will even enjoy the course before they apply.

     As well, this opens up the doors to people who are not fortunate enough to attend university. They can go online and watch an entire course done by a university professor. This helps them by expanding their knowledge without having to actually go to the college. This also goes for students who are in a university and have already selected all their courses. They can go online and watch a course from another subject that interests them, which helps their education.

     I believe this method of teaching is great and I so far have enjoyed the classes I have been watching online out of NYU. Being able to watch these classes will benefit me greatly next year as I will already have a vast amount of knowledge on subjects my classmates may not know about. I also hope that the courses I am in next year offer the same online option since it is extremely convenient. I am grateful I know about iTunesU because it will definitely benefit me next year in university.

1 comment:

  1. good idea- forgot about the no text book thing. That worked out for us this time...

    ReplyDelete